Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday Thirteen - The Beatles

In honor of Ringo Starr's 70th birthday yesterday, I'm posting 13 of my favorite Beatles' songs.  NOT my 13 favorite - just 13 of them, because I'm such a Beatles freak, I have a lot more than thirteen.  So here are just a few.

Photobucket


1.   Good Day Sunshine

2.   Here Comes the Sun (the Beatles Love Album version)

3.   Get Back

4.   Penny Lane

5.   The Night Before

6.   Another Girl

7.   Eleanor Rigby

8.   Sgt. Pepper Reprise/A Day in the Life

9.   Back in the U.S.S.R.

10. Can't Buy Me Love

11.  Lady Madonna

12.  She's a Woman

13.  Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

OK, it may have been Ringo's birthday, but I didn't list any of his songs.  I actually prefer Ringo's post-Beatles solo work.  I don't care for his songs in the Beatles too much.  The above are also all-Paul vocals - no coincidence there!  I am a HUGE Paul fan.  I've got tickets to see him August 19th in Pittsburgh - I can't wait!

See other Thursday Thirteen participants here.

8 comments:

Amanda Moore (Moorebloglife) said...

Did you see him on TV he looks amazing for 70! Great pics only one missing for me is Michelle. Have a great T13

Sheri said...

He does look amazing! Ringo definitely got better with age.

Beyond You said...

I LOVE Beatles! And bec of your list I'm now playing them... ;)

Kim said...

Love the Beatles but "A Day in the Life" will forever go down as my favorite.

Kristen said...

Is Paul still touring? Isn't he in his 70s, too? Wow.

Sheri said...

He's still in his 60s - Ringo is the oldest Beatle. :-)

Beyond You said...

I love the beat of Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da. Makes me dance =)
Beyond You's T13!

Janet said...

I just saw Ringo in Boston...he was amazing!!!