Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness. We are like other memes in that we will ask you ten questions each and every Wednesday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a famous person and pick ten of their quotes. Each of our questions will be based on the quotes. The quotes are in bold. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
1. “George wrote Taxman, and I played guitar on it. He wrote it in anger at finding out what the taxman did. He had never known before then what could happen to your money.”
No one likes paying taxes. But do you think the tax system is fair?
I think it needs a lot of work.
2. “I definitely did look up to John. We all looked up to John. He was older and he was very much the leader; he was the quickest wit and the smartest.”
What did you think of John Lennon?
Brilliant lyricist and musician. Terrible father and husband, at least to Cynthia and Julian, and just not a very nice guy for the most part.
3. “I saw that Meryl Streep said, I just want to do my job well. And really, that's all I'm ever trying to do.”
How do you approach your job whether in the workplace or at home?
My job is being a mom, and I love it. I'm pretty laid back in my parenting, but my girls make it easy.
4. “I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird. Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird.”
Have you found that you have more tolerance for unusual people as you get older?
I was a teenager in the 80s. Unusual people were the norm.
5. “I don't take me seriously. If we get some giggles, I don't mind.”
How seriously do you take yourself?
I should probably lighten up about myself. I tend to put myself down, which drives Chris crazy.
6. “I think people who create and write, it actually does flow-just flows from into their head, into their hand, and they write it down. It's simple.”
Does your blog writing just flow from your head, or is it a lot of effort?
If I have a good idea, it flows effortlessly for the most part. But if I don't have any ideas and I want to write, it's frustrating and discouraging.
7. “Think globally, act locally.”
Do you do anything to help your local community?
I did a LOT of volunteering in the schools when my kids were younger. Now I mostly make sure I recycle and help out Lauren's band when I'm up for it.
8. “When you first get money, you buy all these things so no one thinks you're mean, and you spread it around. You get a chauffeur and you find yourself thrown around the back of this car and you think, I was happier when I had my own little car! I could drive myself!”
Have you ever had a period where you felt that you were set financially?
9. “Lyricists play with words.”
Do you think what you write on your blog is clever or just ordinary and why?
I just write about my life, so I know I'm just one of many mom bloggers. My blog is mostly of interest to my family, and that's OK.
10. “Where I come from, you don't really talk about how much you're earning. Those things are private. My dad never told my mum how much he was earning. I'm certainly not going to tell the world. I'm doing well.”
Who in your circle knows how much money your family makes?
I don't share that information.