Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tired, or Just Lazy?

This time last year, I was suffering from mono, sinusitis and bronchitis.  Needless to say, I was a mess.  It took about 6-9 months, but I recovered, only to start suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  I couldn't catch a break, it seemed, and winter only exacerbated my condition.

Once the weather took a turn for the better, so did I.  My doctor found the right combination of meds to battle my fatigue, insomnia and depression, and I finally started perking up.  Summer was great; I was able to take the kids places and do fun things, and I was happy.

Recently, though, I find myself absolutely exhausted after a day out or a busy day.  Driving really takes a lot out of me.  It's very discouraging.  I don't feel sick like I did when I was so ill last summer and fall, just easily tired.  I'm also trying to lose weight and it isn't working!  I'm eating right and exercising, but I just keep gaining and losing the same pound.  Arrgggh!

A Facebook friend suggested getting my thyroid checked.  I Googled the symptoms of Hypothyroid, and it could fit.  I'm going to call my doctor tomorrow and try to get an appointment soon.

Once again, I can't catch a break!

Photobucket



No comments: