Monday, October 11, 2010

Randomness

It's been a bit chaotic here the past several days.  Poor Becca has been very sick; I picked her up from school last Wednesday because she had a nasty sore throat.  I took her to the doctor Thursday morning to check for strep.  She didn't have strep, but it looks like she may have picked up a stomach bug from the office because she threw up about 20 times throughout the day Friday.  She's still weak and hasn't eaten much.  But she is a lot better than she was a few days ago.

Lauren went to the Brunswick homecoming dance on Saturday night.  We went shopping for her dress last Monday, and she tried on three.  The dress she ended up choosing was definitely THE dress.  She looked amazing in it.  These pictures don't do her justice because like me, she hates having her picture taken.  

Photobucket



Photobucket

I have been writing more and more each week, which pleases me.  I have entered several contests and submitted a couple stories.  I have also had articles published at Xomba Horror.  Here are a few links in case anybody is interested:

My story Train Station, placed in the Honorable Mention for the month of September at Necon E-Books Flash Fiction Contest.

I took Lauren to see My Soul to Take yesterday.  You can find my review of it at Xomba Horror Channel.

I wrote an essay about bad horror movies on the 80s, also at Xomba Horror Channel.

I love writing for Xomba.  I haven't gotten paid or anything, but it's a great way to get a little exposure and hone my writing skills.

That's about it for now!

2 comments:

Angela Giles Klocke said...

Beautiful girl! But sorry to hear about your sick one.

And you've been a busy writin' fool! :D Keep at it!

Sheri said...

Thanks, Angela! I'm trying! :-)