Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday, 8/3/10 and Some BIG News!

Yesterday was Lauren's first day of band camp.  I admire those kids - the first week they are there from 8am until 8pm.  Brutal!  But it's a bonding experience and the kids really love it.  Next week camp is "only" 5pm until 8pm, and then we're off and running into marching band season.  Good-bye, weekends!  

Becca is doing much better since her surgery.  She's still a little tired, a little nauseous, but not nearly as much as she was before the surgery.  She's been hanging with her best friend the past few days, and I've heard much giggling and carrying on.  Does my heart good.

A few days ago, I read that Dark Recesses magazine was in need of readers to help with their slush pile.  I contacted them, because I love stuff like that.  Unfortunately, they already had enough readers.  But FORTUNATELY, they were looking for someone to help with their short-listed stories.  Since I have experience in proofreading and editing and have also been published several times, they named me a FICTION EDITOR!!!!!  I can't tell you how excited I am about this.  I absolutely love reading, proofreading and editing, so this is going to be fun (and a lot of work, I'm told, which is great).

So to segue from that to today's Top Ten Tuesday, here is a list of ten of my favorite words to say:


Top Ten {Tuesday}



1.   Shenanigans
2.   Discombobulated

3.   Apoplectic
4.   Yak

5.   Schenectady
6.   Cacophony
7.   Doofus
8.   Dork
9.   Butt-ugly
10. Squishy










See?  Fun words!




4 comments:

Olivia said...

I'll add one: heinous
For some reason, this word makes my hubby and me chuckle everyone someone says it!
And you're invited to Of Such is the Kingdom's first birthday blog party! We're pulling up old posts and giving away lots of prizes. Come on over!
suchakingdom.blogspot.com

Zion said...

GREAT list. Congrats on the editor position, that is really exciting.

Sheri said...

Oh, I love the word heinous as well! A lot of horror words are great - grisly, gruesome, corpse...

Thanks for the congrats, Messy Mom!

Audrey said...

Congratulations on the job! Being an editor for pay would be nice. :) Even if it was work. And I'm excited to see someone who's blogging as a writer! And, I just have to say, I HATE the word "squat." Ugh.