Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Birthday, Lauren!

Today Lauren turned 15!  Unbelievable.  Unfortunately, she was not feeling well most of the day, so she didn't have a great day.  We went out to IHoP for breakfast, her favorite meal, and she couldn't even eat her pancakes.  She missed out on a band field trip to see Shepherd College's marching band, her own marching band preview show and picnic for the families after.  She was so disappointed, and I felt bad for her.

Thankfully she felt better this evening, which was a relief, because she is going to the Outer Banks with her best friend's family for the week.  This is the first time she will be away from me, for so long and so far away.  She's excited, and I'm excited for her, but I'm also going to miss her and worry about her.  But I hope she has a great time.

Here's Lauren as a baby, being held by my beloved grandmother, Mom-Mom, who I miss so very much (and my mom in the background).


Photobucket

No comments: