Thursday, June 30, 2011

Vacation - Texas 2011!

The girls and I are in Texas this week, visiting my dad.  Unfortunately, Chris has work commitments and couldn't join us - so I drove from Maryland to Texas all by myself!  The first day I drove 20 hours, stopping in New Boston, TX.  From there it was only a couple more hours to my dad's house.  Both Chris and my dad thought I was nuts, but I was just in the zone, and it was hard to stop.

On Tuesday, we took the girls to the Speedzone to ride go-karts.  They had a blast.  First, Dad and Lauren drag raced, which was really cool.  The drag cars were neat and went amazingly fast.

Lauren getting ready to race:


Photobucket


Dad and Lauren in their cars:


Photobucket


Dad out of the starting gate:


Photobucket


Lauren out of the starting gate:


Photobucket


Then the girls rode go-karts.  They had a blast.  Here they are waiting in line:


Photobucket


Belted up:


Photobucket

Photobucket


Zooming around the track:


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Then Sarah did something crazy.  I've watched this type of ride in Ocean City many times, and never had the nerve to do it.  But Sarah did.  Since none of us chickens would join her, a ride worker went on it with her - she got lucky, he was a cutey!


Photobucket


Thanking the cute guy for going up with her:


Photobucket



And hugging Becca, feeling lucky to have come off the ride in one piece:



Photobucket



You can watch her crazy ride here:






More Texas fun to come!




No comments: