Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Moms Night Out Wine Party!

Recently, I was asked to be part of an online wine tasting party by Jen Wiley at Catalyst Public Relations.  I responded too late to be part of the online group, but Jen was kind enough to send me a bottle to taste and review at my leisure.

The wine Jen sent to me was not a little sample bottle, but a full-size bottle of [yellow tail] wine's new Tree-Free Chardonnay.  Thankfully, Jen wasn't looking for a wine-tasting aficionado, so I didn't need to worry about tasting woody notes or anything.  I wanted to do this right, though, and not just try a sip by myself and then let her know what I thought.

Chris and I first invited my parents up for dinner to taste the wine, but unfortunately there was a nasty storm in their area that night and they couldn't make it up.  A few days later my friend Annette sent out an email to our lunch group and asked if we could get together soon.  Perfect!

My friend Debbie graciously offered to host at her house, and since she has a pool, I was all over it.  I would bring the wine, the other moms would bring snacks and the plan was to drink wine and swim.  The Moms Night Out Wine Party took place last night.

Well, we drank wine, but we didn't swim.  As is our way, we spent the evening talking and catching up since we haven't been together since school let out.  And it was a blast.  Here are a few pictures from our night: 

Debbie made a savory Parmesan cheesecake that was out of this world.  Annette brought some beautiful fresh fruit and made a dip with peanut butter, cinnamon and cottage cheese that was very yummy.  If anybody wants recipes, I can post them another time.

Photobucket


My first glass of [yellow tail] wine, but certainly not my last.  The wine was absolutely delicious - light, citrusy and smooth.  Annette is not usually a chardonnay fan, but said it was very good.  Barb also enjoyed it.  I would definitely buy this wine in the future.

Photobucket


Debbie's amazing cheesecake:

Photobucket


A close-up of the back label:

Photobucket


All gone - I think I drank most of it!  But it was definitely worth it.  I enjoyed this wine very much!

Photobucket

No comments: